Application: D series linear actuator provides high performance, high power diaphragm actuators of multi-spring type that are compact and light. The unit balances the force created when diaphragm is airpressured and the force of compressed spring, so that the output rod is controlled and placed at a set position. Combined with linear stem motion type control valves, the actuators of this series are suited for modulating and on-off services. Uses with other linear motion devices are also good.
D Series Linear Pneumatic Diaphragm Actuators
- Application Versatility— Direct Action & Reverse Action in six sizes are available for an extensive variety of applications. Spring ranges, stroke stops, and manual operators are available for nearly any control valve application.
- Excellent Linearity Between Loading Pressure and Stroke — A molded diaphragm travels in a deep diaphragm casing, minimizing area change through the stroke.
- High Thrust Capability — The molded diaphragm and cold stamping case allows high pressure supply and maximum thrust for given diaphragm size.
- Long Service Life — Rugged thick-walled cold stamping case and ductile iron construction provides increased stability, corrosion protection, and protection from deformation should over-pressurization occur.
- Cold Service Application — Enhanced product specification for all sizes of D series diaphragm actuators allow performance to -40oC if required.
- Positive Connections — A split block stem connection provides a solid transfer of motion while allowing easy mounting. The absence of linkages helps to avoid lost motions and inaccurate valve positioning.
- Compact & Light — With the multiple springs and a high air supply pressure, D series are much more compact and light as compared with conventional actuators.